Saturday, September 29, 2007

Uh Oh.

This afternoon I turned on my computer and it died. Not in an 'I'm just being uncooperative for the moment and I'll be ok after this tantrum' kind of way. It was more of an 'Ooops....just wiped everything....you've got those system restore disks handy, right? kind of way. Those disks that sat untouched in a drawer for three years and then got packed up when I moved and could be just about anywhere. (I didn't throw them out did I? I couldn't have done. What if they got mixed up with other stuff and I just didn't notice?) When I eventually found the disks it wouldn't even give me the prompt to load them in so I restarted for what must have been the eighth time and suddenly it came back to life and for the moment is pretending nothing ever happened. All this has led me to the conclusion that backing EVERYTHING up will be an excellent way to spend this evening because there is nothing quite like that moment when you really empathise with the owner of a brand new iBrick.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/28/more-on-apples-latest-product-the-ibrick/#comments

No comments: