Sunday, October 28, 2007

#23 Learning 2.0 - The Retrospective

Well this is my last official 'learning 2.0' post since I seem to have run out of discovery exercises. Who'd have thought? There were a lot of things in learning 2.0 that I didn't know about or that I knew of but had never really explored to any extent. Some of it was great and some of the Web 2.0 applications I wont use again, but at least I have been and I have seen so if a borrower needs help I'll know what they're talking about, even if my advice is that there are easier ways to achieve similar things with different applications. There were parts of the course where the instructions could have been much clearer and a few of the tasks were achieved with trial and error more than anything else, which I understand has been quite frustrating for people who really don't have the time to get something wrong sixteen times before they get it right. On the other hand, having gotten everything wrong sixteen times already myself if anyone needs help just give me a yell and I'll be more than happy to help if I can (that doesn't mean that I will be able to help, but I can always try* - at the very least I can tell you sixteen ways not to do it.)


I really liked You Tube and Flickr and I'm glad I got a chance to take a really good look around Library Thing particularly since it's now been incorporated into our catalogue. What's more I never realised how much of this we're already doing and it really does open up a whole new direction in marketing ourselves and providing new and innovative service outside of the traditional sphere of libraries.


Overall learning 2.0 has been both fun and frustrating. I'm really pleased people liked my blog - and I didn't have to use threats or bribery at all! Well, hardly at all anyway. I also know that I had a distinct advantage over others who didn't have the same amount of time to devote to it, or booker prize nominated books to avoid reading. Most of all I think I've enjoyed seeing everyone else do their own thing, coming up with a blog that is distinctly theirs out of a set of uniform tasks. And with that my thoughts are duly summarised.


Peace out.


Titian

* Disclaimer - If your question is about bloglines and rss please refer to my previously stated dislike and complete uselessness with these. I'll still try and help, but it may come with a language warning. Just so you know.

2 comments:

The Learning 2.0 Program said...

Hi Titian,
Congratulations on completing the program. Your post re the headphones had me laughing, however sorry that they were a bust! It was the thought that counted...lol. Since we've got 4 more pairs, wonder if they'll fit anybody...?

Take care
Leslie

Titian Bee said...

Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess. It was kind of fun just winning - I don't think the prize actually matters. Plus it was pretty funny, so there's really no loss.